Monday, June 20, 2016

How to Wow with This Easy Chicken Queso Dish

Chicken is a staple of my diet for health reasons, and I like to keep it from getting boring.  Especially when you have guests.  Dinners should be budget friendly and delicious.  Sometimes these two things are hard to put in the same crockpot so to speak. I took a recipe from www.thepinningmama.com  and made it way easier for me.  Kind of what I do.  When I have guests, I want to visit, not cook forever. This is a great recipe and you can easily prep ahead. The recipe on the pinning mama's website has you baking all this in one pan, which you can see on the link above.  I am just weird about how I cook chicken.

Chicken Queso Dish
4 large chicken breasts grilled
Prepare two cups two cups rice, quinoa is my preference
Mix in a bowl, drained cans of:
corn
black beans
Add a can of Rotel to corn and bean mixture

To serve:
Plate your rice or quinoa
Add your chicken portion and top with corn, Rotel, bean mixture
Add cheese sauce from a can if you want to live on the edge or top with a healthier version
Serve with avocado slices for an added protein and good fatty boost

It is colorful and delicious. And overall, not a bad choice health wise.

For a breakfast treat while my sister in law Kayla and her son were here, I also made a chocolate crescent roll breakfast casserole. Hold on to your taste buds, it's about to get real up in here.

Take two cans of crescent rolls and pinch them up on a greased 13 x 9 pan.  Cover generously in chocolate chips. I didn't quite use the whole bag. Click here for the recipe on www.plainchicken.com entitled Chocolate Croissant Breakfast Bake. Chocolate, Cream Cheese and Croissants, oh my!
First off let me tell you...it is worth the calories. You can't even eat a normal sized potion.  It is so decadent, your eyes will roll back in your head.  Not even joking.
The next time you want to wow your guests or bring something unique to a potluck or sign up at school to bring a breakfast or dessert (it works as both), you will be the new "it" mom and will be requested to make in the future.  This totally lives up to the hype.  I don't think I have ever made something so delicious that was so easy.  This dish is beautiful plated with some powedered sugar on it.  I am telling you this was the greatest find I have ever seen on Pinterest.

Now that you have a unique dinner and breakfast that will serve up a few hungry relatives, enjoy saying "Yes, we'd love to have you come for a week!" because you are prepared with a standout meal.

I will be posting later this week to play catch up after my vacation and road trip to my best friend's wedding.  The trip was a success and we all made it out alive.  Tired, but alive.  The next post will include a few other handy, fast, and crowd pleasing breakfasts for your house guests that will have you becoming the hostess with the mostess.  I guarantee!

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment