Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Three Kids and a Little Crazy

Most of you moms out there have similar things going on with your kids and family.  Mostly chaos, am I right?
I try things I find online either through Pinterest and blogs, try them and see what works best.  Then I can let my readers know my findings and save yourself some trouble.
I wanted to find a way to get the kids' outfits put together from head to toe ahead of time; planning outfits for two girls the night before was taking way too much of my time and making me nuts in the process.  They could sense my frustration and I didn't want that.
I will be honest, I have one of those kids, that even though she is smart, loving and kind, well-liked and popular...she completely loses her mind when picking clothes.  The kind of over-the-top-can't-tell-her-anything kind of bonkers.  I have tried to stress how pieces need to go together. I have explained why you can't wear just any cardigan with shorts to make a cute outfit, etc.  She is slowly coming around the last month or so.  The last two years have been stressful for both of us.  Now, first let me say... she was my preemie.  They are a different breed of cat.  If you don't have one, then there is no way I can make you understand in this blog post.  I struggled with her from 5th grade to the start of 7th.  We are finally at a good place fashion wise.  We plan accordingly and this planning of outfits saves so much time and trouble with all three kids that I hope it can save another mom's sanity.

I found on Pinterest, an interesting way to do the kids clothes and shoes.  Someone was using a plastic drawer set with 6 drawers, complete with wheels on the bottom.  Just like you find at Target or Wal-Mart.
Problems:
Takes up too much room. 
Looks like something of a baby changing station that we have outgrown.
Solution:
Everyone has a book shelf. 
Clothes are folded nicely in a pile with shirts and pants, cardigan, etc.
A basket next to that holds accessories. 
Shoes for me were already kept nicely on a shelf in the closet so this wasn't an issue, space was.
Jackets are kept downstairs on a nice hook and table beneath holds backpacks.

With this being said, you could use anything that you might want to repurpose.  I would be all about this if I had more room.  This would make it like a station of it's own within their room.  If a dresser has room, you could lay each day on top, with others in a drawer of their own.  This is my goal once we do spring cleaning, after we get the house in order from the move.  Check back later for pictures and an updated post once that happens. It will be so much neater and easier.

The main thing that you need to take away from this is...get organized.  It helps, we stay sane, the kids aren't stressed because they don't see the bigger picture that we are wigging out about.
Anything you do will make your life a little less crazy.  Three kids keep me hopping; the last thing I want to deal with is the stress of clothes.  With girls getting older, they realize that life is a runway.  I want to enjoy the little moments of them asking me "necklace or scarf?" not screaming because they can't find something or telling me "that is so not me".  It is calm and peaceful, they do it on their own time.  My rule is all clothes have to get put out by 5 pm on Sunday evening. My son is easy. I mean, boys and clothes...no work.  I love it.  He mainly just wants to be included in the ritual which I love.

Moms have to stick together; I hope this little idea grows with you and leads you to this chore being one less to tackle with agression and loathing. If you have girls, then I don't have to say more.  Now with two teenage daughters, clothes have become a pain worse than death.  This simple life hack has changed all of that...for the most part anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment