Monday, May 23, 2016

Trials of the Tin Foil Curls


In the after math of Prompocalypse, just in time for summer weddings and reunions, I have the perfect hair do to add to your arsenal without fail.  We loved the tin foil curls. I will not lie, it took me about 2 hours to do it, but my daughter has very long hair.  Plus, this was the first time I had ever done it. This is a great "how to curl your hair" technique that anyone can do. I am hair do challenged, and can not do all of these intricate styles I see on tutorials, but this I could do.
Get your foil ready by pre-cutting 3 in. by 3 in. squares.  I didn't count, I just made a LOT of them.  I still had to cut more out.  You will also need a flat iron.

Directions:

Section your daughter's hair out in a manner easiest for you. I did ear to ear and pulled the rest of her hair in a low ponytail, concentrating on the top section of her head.
Place a small strip of hair around your finger, wrapping it.
Take your finger out...carefully, and pinch while you get the foil square around it.  Fold over and fold over again once more.
Clamp the hot flat iron down over it at a couple of different angles for around 30 seconds total. That will ensure you heat all of the hair inside the packet. Leave it and move on to the next strip.
This is a great way to get lasting curls for the girl with hard to curl hair.  It stayed for days. She has a lot of, but very fine, hair; her hair curls great, but doesn't seem to have the staying power.  This was not Prom, so I was not going to pay to have her hair done when I am perfectly capable of doing since we were not doing a major style. This was for Homecoming, but I am posting now because you can use this technique for any event where you would do your own hair, but want it to be fabulous!
This is what the first one looked like that I tried:

Be very careful not to stretch out the curl, or pull her hair when removing the packet.  They seemed to come out pretty easily.
Once done, remove them from the top (or whatever was the first section) to the bottom (or last section).
I used my fingers to gently work her hair out; I did so while having her flip her head over.
Style...and you are done!
Great volume. She looked like she had a head full of thick hair!

This is a great way to have fabulous hair without the salon price tag. I recommend it and will use it again for sure. Beautiful, long lasting curls that will make your daughter the belle of the ball!



No comments:

Post a Comment